Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Eating Real Food

So as I wrote here, I've been trying to make healthier choices when it comes to eating. To be honest, I had about a week or two where I backslid and was eating a lot of fast food and processed foods. Nevertheless, I am getting back into eating healthy and having a healthier lifestyle over all. I have stumbled on several blogs that encouraged me to start eating better again and of those blogs, I found this blog. As much as I would love to do 100 days of eating only real foods, I know that is unrealistic right now. I know that I couldn't do that just yet so I am planning on doing 10 days. Yes it is only a 10th of what it is supposed to be but it is a start. 
I am on day 3 of it and since I have started this I am appalled at how many things that I'd eating on a daily bases has added sugar! One thing that I've learned these last few days is that you have to get creative in order to not get bored with these eating habits. I've tried eating healthy before and would depend on salads and stir fry but ultimately I'd get bored and start eating bad again. So here as some meals that I've found online that have been a big hit.
 (broccoli florets, hard boiled egg, pistachios, and sharp cheddar cheese on water crackers)
(Various sauteed bell peppers and onions, blackberries, and triscuits)
signature photo signature_zpsjk7w6t2h.png

1 comment:

  1. These meals look delicious! My husband and I are trying to eat healthier, too. It's not easy when you have a small budget!

    ReplyDelete