Saturday, April 12, 2014

Judah's First Birthday

Wow, I can't believe that I am already writing a post on my son's first birthday. It has been such an honor to be his mom this for this long. He has brought so much laughter, tears, joy, excitement, and so much more. He's learned so much in one year, with little assistance. I'm amazed with the things that babies teach themselves. He's walking now. When did that happen?! It was just last week that we brought him home from the hospital. It was just the other day that a feared changing his clothes because I was sure that I was going to break his little arm. Now we pretty much have to wrestle him to get a shirt on. I cannot get over that God has trusted Daniel and me to be his caretakers, out of all the people in the world, we were the ones chosen. I love him with all the I have. I look forward to the years to come.

So Judah had a baseball themed birthday party. The weather was very unpredicatable. Last week it said it would be 72F, then 66F, and ended up being 75F with the sun right over us. Judah was a little cranky because of the heat and there was zero shade. Nonetheless, I am so thankful for everyone who came. I love just stepping back from the hosting roll and taking a moment to just look around and see all of the people who love and care about him. They mean so much to us.

Here are a few snaps of our day:

 I wanted to go with snacks that you think of when you think of going to a baseball game. So snacks included licorice, cracker jacks, bubble gum, and of course peanuts.
 We had a hotdog and nacho bar






 He was a little hesitant to dig in, but then......

Judah had a great day with everyone but was so exhausted by the end. (As I write this, he's sleeping with my husband on our bed).
signature photo signature_zpsjk7w6t2h.png

No comments:

Post a Comment