Friday, May 17, 2013

Hooray for one month!



Wow, one month already. How is it that 9 months in my womb seemed like an eternity but one month in my arms went by so quickly?!  He seriously is the most amazing baby ever, however I might be a little biased. This last month has been mixed with so many different emotions: happiness, joy, laughter, frustration, sadness, etc. Luckily the good times outweigh the bad times. One thing that I've learned I need to do in order to stay sane is laugh. If he spits up on newly washed sheets that were washed because of previous spit up, laugh. If he wakes up 30 seconds after I finally get him down to sleep because a loud motorcycle drives by, laugh. Of course I have my moments of frustration when I just want to sleep and he just wants to play, but what new mother doesn't?

I am fortunate enough to have amazing people in my life that are here to help. As I wrote in this post, we live with my mom so many nights she'll take Judah at night for an hour or two so Daniel and I can get some sleep along with a lot of help during the day from my mom. And Daniel... You know the expectation that all women have of their husbands to be like after they have a baby but rarely ever happens? Well my husband totally goes beyond that! He's amazing with Judah. During the weekend he takes over night duty, he's the main diaper changer when he's here, he spends his attention on Judah and myself when he comes home for work, and HE made ME pancakes before work today! He's just really an amazing husband and dad.

Although this month has been amazing, it's also been probably the hardest month of my life as well. I'll be writing about my experience with PPD and breastfeeding next.


Here are some of the many faces my little one makes!

signature photo signature_zpsjk7w6t2h.png

No comments:

Post a Comment